We love Spinach Stuffing Balls, and we had a cauliflower in the fridge, so we decided to try borrowing from the basic concept of the aforementioned spinach hors d’oeuvre and applying it to cauliflower! It was a big hit! These morsels crisped up incredibly well, packed a good bit of veggie nutrition and eggy protein, and had great flavour from the french onion soup component.
We served ours as lunch, but they would also be a great side dish, entree salad topper, or appetizer! We opted to dunk ours in BBQ sauce, but based on the flavours, we think these would also be great dunked in ranch dressing or honey mustard!
Time: 30 Minutes
Ingredients: (To make about 25 balls…You’ll see in the pictures that we made a half batch)
- 1 Head of Cauliflower (or pre-riced cauliflower if you’d like to skip a few prep steps)
- 1 Packet of French Onion Soup Powder
- 4 Eggs
- A bunch of Bread Crumbs (probably a cup)
- If using oven, preheat to 400 degrees F, line a baking sheet with some foil, and give it an oil spray. If using air fryer, we’ll get to the heating later.
- Cut your cauliflower into small florets, and then chop in your food processor.
- Pour your chopped cauliflower into a bowl, and add your soup powder, eggs, and bread crumbs.
- Mix to combine fully, adding more bread crumbs as needed so that your mixture can clump and hold together easily.
- Form your cauliflower balls, and place on your cooking sheet. Give the tops a quick oil spray.
- If using an air fryer, preheat it to 375 degrees F.
- When your balls are all formed, and your cooking equipment is hot, place the balls in your oven/air fryer.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, flip, and cook for another 10 minutes until everything is crispy and golden brown on the outside.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!