I must have been a good boy this year because Santa put Black Lumpfish Caviar in my stocking! Having never had caviar before, I was excited and intrigued…so I took a quick taste, and noticed a distinct fishy saltiness. With that in mind, I decided to combine it with flavours that had a bit of earthy sweetness to them to balance and complement the oceanic profile of the caviar. In all, it worked really well and turned int quite a nice light lunch. Additionally, the toasted pita and cucumber gave each bite two different types of crunch, which was a nice texture touch. I definitely plan to make this again!
Time: 15 Minutes
- Cucumber (We used a baby cucumber)
- Whipped Cream Cheese
- Black Lumpfish Caviar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rip your pita into pieces the size that you want for your crostini. Then, place those on a baking sheet, and stash in the oven to toast and crisp up.
- Wash and slice your cucumber into an equal number of pieces as you have pita. Since we were using baby cucumbers, we cut them on a bias instead of in rounds.
- When your pita is toasted, remove from the oven, arrange on your plate, and top each with a cucumber slice.
- Smear a little cream cheese atop each cucumber slice.
- Use a spoon to arrange some caviar on each bit of cream cheese.
- Devour, and Enjoy!