We love Spaghetti Squash because it’s got such a unique texture. Unlike most squash, when you cook it, it can be peeled away like little spaghetti strands with a fork. However, this uniqueness also presents a little challenge, as it’s not always easy to figure out new ways to cook it. So, for this side dish, we borrowed heavily from our Garlic and Spinach Spaghetti Squash…and then we changed up our flavour profile by replacing the garlic with some ingredients to build a salty/sweet/earthy essence. With that substitution (along with the addition of red bell pepper), this side dish has a completely different feel than the original.
Time: 50 Minutes
- Spaghetti Squash (We used a small one to make two side servings)
- Truffle Infused Honey
- Soy Sauce
- Optional Veggie Additions. We used Red Bell Pepper and Spinach
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, and pour a little water into a baking pan.
- Carefully cut the stem off your squash and then cut your squash in half longways.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds, and discard them.
- Place your squash halves skin side up into your baking pan, and stash in the oven. Bake for about 40 minutes.
- As your squash bakes, dice your red pepper. When your squash is nearly finished in the oven, melt some butter in a pan, and add your red peppers to start cooking.
- When your squash softens (you should be able to poke it and leave a finger imprint on the skin), remove from the oven.
- Use a fork to “scrape” out the inside of your spaghetti squash flesh into a bowl.
- Add your spinach to your red pepper pan, and wilt.
- Add your spaghetti squash to your pan, and stir to combine.
- Add in a little soy sauce and truffled honey, stir to combine, and cook for about a minute to blend all of the flavours.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!