Here’s another Buffalo recipe, but this time, instead of using chicken, we went with shrimp! Essentially, we breaded and fried the shrimp before combining it with the sauce to make a nice, crispy, light, full flavoured taco that’s perfect to eat as you’re watching a sporting event (or just looking for a very different way of celebrating Taco Tuesday)!
We picked lettuce and tomato as our primary taco vegetables and blue cheese as our topping because they were easy and allowed us to make our meal in about 20 minutes. That said, you can always play with topping ingredients to suit your desires and time constraints. I think we might try something like shredded or shaved celery next time to build even more depth of flavour!
Time: 20 Minutes
- Shrimp. You will want about 3 per taco.
- Bread Crumbs
- Buffalo Sauce of your Choice (We highly suggest Anchor Bar sauce if you have it available)
- Tortilla Shells
- Peel and devein your shrimp as needed, and place them into a bowl.
- Sprinkle some flour on top, and toss to coat.
- Whisk an egg in a bowl, and working a few flour coated shrimp at time, coat with egg, and place into a bowl.
- Sprinkle some bread crumbs atop your eggy shrimp, and toss to coat.
- Pour some vegetable oil into a cast iron Dutch oven so the bottom is just coated. Heat, and when it gets to a constant 350 degrees F, carefully place your shrimp in the oil.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes, and flip your shrimp. They should be nicely golden and brown…if not, keep cooking until they are before flipping.
- As your shrimp cook, rinse and slice your tomato and lettuce, and place atop your tortillas on a plate.
- Cook for another 1-2 minutes on the other side until all of your shrimp are crispy and golden brown.
- When your shrimp is done, remove from the oil, and place into a large bowl.
- Pour your Buffalo sauce atop, and toss to coat.
- Place your shrimp on your tacos, and finish with crumbled blue cheese.
- Devour, and enjoy!