We felt extraordinarily indecisive the other day and had a refrigerator stocked with veggies, so we decided to make a four part veggie tapas platter for dinner! The other components we served this were Ginger Turmeric Sugar Snap Peas, Mushroom and Flax Balls, and Bittersweet Green Beans. We also put a little couscous in the center of the plate to give us a carb and something to tie everything together.
This component took a little bit of a leap of faith to make…the last time we had Kale Chips was on an airplane (that should tell you how long ago it was), and when we opened the bag, the cabbagey smell wafted, and my wife and I both thought somebody around us had passed gas (to be more specific, she blamed me). Kale chips don’t have to be like that though, and these were not, so there’s no need to fear! They got nice and crispy in the oven, and the lemon juice added a nice bit of freshness and acidity while the Parmesan cheese added a salty hint to the overall flavour.
Time: 25 Minutes
- Kale Leaves
- Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice
- Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, and line a baking sheet with some foil.
- Wash your kale and cut it into smaller pieces, and put them into a large bowl.
- Pour some olive oil and lemon juice in, and mix everything together by hand to coat your kale.
- Lay your kale flat on your baking sheet, and top it with some Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes depending on your desired level of crispness.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!