We had some Wegmans Lime Chipotle Chicken Sausage in our refrigerator, and we wanted pizza, so we figured we’d build around those flavours. To make it happen, we built a sauce out of pureed onion, chipotle chili powder, and lime to double down on the profile.
Time: 45 Minutes (more if making your own dough)
- Pizza crust or dough. We suggest making one of our Pizza Crust Recipes…we used our Cauliflower Pizza Crust recipe for this one.
- Lime Chipotle Chicken Sausage (fully cooked)
- Red Bell Pepper
- Baby Kale
- Shredded Mozzarella
- An Onion
- Lime Juice
- Chipotle Chili Powder
- Place your pizza stone in the oven, and preheat to 415 degrees F.
- Puree your onion, and sautee it in a pan until the liquid is gone (15 minutes or so). Part way through, add your chipotle chili powder and a little lime juice. Stir to combine. (This is pretty potent stuff when you start cooking it, so turn a fan on, and have some tissues nearby…you will cry).
- While your sauce cooks, slice your sausage and other veggies.
- When your sauce is nearly done, remove the hot pizza stone, sprinkle a little cornmeal on it, and shape your crust directly on the hot stone with a rolling pin (be careful not to touch the stone…not admitting that I speak from experience).
- Poke little holes in your crust (to avoid large air pockets), and put your dough in the oven for about 5 minutes to crisp up the bottom.
- Remove your dough, spread your sauce, add your toppings, and sprinkle on your cheese.
- Place back in the oven for 20 or so minutes until your crust is crispy to your liking, and your cheese is melted and just starting to brown.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!