Here’s a nice hearty side dish that is fully customizable. We used Mushrooms and Peppers to complete the pasta, but I’d imagine that peas or broccoli would be really good in here too.
We served this with Blackened Broiled Trout, but it would also pair nicely with roasted chicken or even sauteed scallops or shrimp.
Time: 20 Minutes (unless making pasta from scratch)
- Fettuccini (See our recipe for Homemade Semolina Pasta Dough if you want to try making your own)
- Yellow Pepper
- Equal Parts Butter and All Purpose Flour
- Parmesan Cheese
- Optional: Black Pepper
- Begin to boil a pot of water, and add your noodles.
- Slice your pepper and mushrooms, and sautee with a little oil and a tablespoon of butter.
- When your mushrooms start to brown a little, and your peppers soften, sprinkle in a tablespoon of all purpose flour, and stir to combine. Cook for another minute or two.
- Turn the heat to low, and add your milk, and whisk to combine. Then, sprinkle in your Parmesan cheese and black pepper, and stir in as your sauce thickens.
- Drain your pasta water (or scoop your pasta out of the water with a pasta spoon…the one that has all the teeth on it), and add your pasta to your veggies and sauce.
- Cook for a few minutes to combine and fully coat your pasta.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!