We haven’t had pizza in a little while, and we were working with a limited cookware, so we bought a pre-made dough and pesto and went from there. We spruced up the pesto by mixing it with goat cheese to form our “sauce,” and then we topped it with heirloom cherry tomatoes. In the future, when we have a little more time and a full kitchen, we will probably make our Beet Pizza Crust or Garlic Cauliflower Pizza Crust for these toppings.
Time: 25 Minutes
- Pizza dough or crust (pre-made or make one of our Homemade Crust Recipes!)
- 2 Ounces of Goat Cheese
- Pesto (we used store-bought from the fresh refrigerated section for ease, but Making Your Own would taste even fresher).
- Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes (regular cherry tomatoes will work too)
- Place your pizza stone in the oven, and preheat to 425 degrees F.
- As your oven heats, put your goat cheese and pesto in a bowl, and mash with a fork to completely combine.
- Slice your tomatoes in half, and set aside.
- When your pizza stone is hot, remove from the oven, place your dough or crust on top.
- Spread a thin layer of your pesto/goat cheese atop the crust.
- Add your tomatoes (and any other toppings).
- Place in the oven, and bake until your crust is crispy to your liking.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!