Yesterday, we hunkered down to watch the Bills vs Texans wildcard game. It did not turn out the way we wanted (understatement), but even though the season ended with a disappointing result, it was a fun year to be a fan (aside from the blood pressure fluctuations the team caused). Anyway, for our game-day dinner we decided to have a little fun and fuse some very different culinary backgrounds. For this meal we took Geschnetzeltes from Switzerland/Germany and gave it a flavour profile makeover courtesy of Anchor Bar in Buffalo, NY (the birthplace of the Buffalo Wing).
Then, we needed a side dish to link the two culinary traditions…so we served this with Celery Root Rösti (recipe coming soon) because Celery and Buffalo Sauce go together like peas and carrots.
Time: 20 Minutes
- Chicken Breast
- Your Favourite Buffalo Sauce
- Heavy Cream
- Slice your chicken breast very thinly
- Heat some butter in a large pan, and add your chicken breast slices. Cook until the pink is all gone.
- Add in your Buffalo sauce and stir to combine…Then, let everything simmer for a few minutes.
- Turn the heat off, let the pan cool for a minute or so, and then add your cream, and stir to combine.
- Heat the pan over low heat (do not let it boil, or the cream will separate, and that won’t be fun) until everything is hot again. Continue stirring while this happens.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!