After a nice kayaking and biking getaway with my wife’s family for the past few days, we came home with a bunch of miscellaneous leftovers. Two of said leftovers are large sandwich rolls and green beans. So, we’re featuring those and some mushrooms we had in the fridge to make our fourth different type of veggie burger! If this one doesn’t suit your fancy, try our Beet and Quinoa Burgers, Curried Chickpea Veggie Burgers, or Spicy Southwest Black Bean Burgers.
Time: 30 Minutes
- White or Baby Bella Mushrooms
- Green Beans
- Something to bind everything (we used a mix of flax meal, flour, and bread crumbs)
- A little Salt
- Seasonings. Since we were going for a BBQ flavour, we used onion powder, smoked paprika, cinnamon, and habenero powder.
- Wash your mushrooms and green beans. Then, cut your mushrooms into quarters, and snap your beans in half.
- Put your mushrooms in a blender, and pulse to break them down into smaller pieces (essentially dicing them, but in a much easier way). Then, put them into a large bowl.
- Do the same with your green beans.
- In that bowl, add your seasonings, egg, and binding ingredient, and mix everything together.
- If your mixture can’t be formed into patties yet, adjust by adding more egg and/or binding ingredient until it can. (My apologies. I completely forgot to take a picture of the completed burger mix…but you can get a good idea of how it looked from the second picture below)
- Heat a flat bottomed pan, and give it a little oil spray.
- When the pan is hot, form your patties, and drop them onto the pan.
- Let them cook for about 5 minutes, and flip. Let them go for another 5 minutes, and you’re done!
- While the burgers cook, slice and toast your bun, and then add any toppings/condiments you like.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!