These need little to no introduction, so let’s just get right into it. They are great as appetizers or sides for bbq or Mexican dishes. Tonight, I’m making them with Spicy Southwest Black Bean Burgers to complete the vegetarian meal.
Time: 25 Minutes
- Jalapenos (3 per person is a good serving suggestion)
- Cottage Cheese or Cream Cheese (both were used in this dish)
- Grated Cheddar (or Pepper Jack if you’re feeling more adventurous)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, and line a baking sheet with foil (to help with clean up later)…and spray it with a little oil.
- Slice your jalapenos in half lengthwise (leave the stems on helps to prevent cream cheese from running if not using cottage cheese as well), and either leave all, some, or none of the seeds (depending on how spicy you want these to be). It is good to wear food grade or surgical grade PVC nonpowdered gloves for this…if you don’t, make sure you don’t rub your eyes and you wash your hands thoroughly after you put your peppers in the oven.
- Place your jalapeno halves on the baking sheet.
- Mix your soft cheese of choice with your shredded cheese of choice in a bowl.
- Spoon the cheesey mix into each jalapeno half
- Place in the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes until the peppers are nice and tender
- Pull out of the oven, plate, devour, and enjoy!