Whenever we buy carrots, the bag is just too big for one meal, so we find ourselves trying to find different ways to cook them. With the leftover carrots from our last purchase, we decided to make a more Autumny/Wintry dish to built a bit of a dichotomy to the spring flavours in the Grilled Pork with Lemon Ginger Sweet Pea Sauce. Heck, it was gorgeous and Springy today, but in the seasonal power struggle we call “March,” it’s hard to tell what tomorrow will bring. So why not make a dish that represents the seasonal interplay?
Time: 20 Minutes
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Peel and slice your carrots on an angle to increase the surface area for faster and more even cooking.
- Heat some oil in a non-stick pan
- Pour in your carrots, and allow them to cook for 10 minutes or so
- Then pour in your balsamic vinegar and honey, and let the carrots continue to cook for another 10 minutes. This gives the flavours time to blend and develop, but not enough time for the sugars to burn.
- When your carrots reach your desired level of doneness, remove from the heat.
- Plate, Devour, and Enjoy!