Today was a hectic day with a lot of running around and chores to do…so it was definitely time to dust off (literally dust off, sadly) the old slow cooker and play a little game of “set it and forget it.” This meal is quite simple, and it really only requires 3 ingredients (although, we added a mystery 4th ingredient for an extra layer of goodness). Since we didn’t have any time for additional steps, we just put everything together and let the crock pot work its magic…but if you have a little extra time, searing your meat first will lock in more moisture (especially since pork loin is such a lean cut).
Try pairing this with Baked Jalapeno Poppers, Spicy Cilantro Cucumber Salad, Mexican rice, or a sauteed black bean and veggie medley for a tremendous experience you won’t soon forget!
Time: 3-4 hours
- Slices of pork loin about 1-1.5 inches thick
- A jar of salsa verde (or you can make your own, but I didn’t have the time today)
- Tequila (optional 4th ingredient)
- Optional, but suggested: Sear your pork
- Slice your onion, and place your pork and onions in the crockpot.
- Pour in your salsa verde and tequila (if using)
- Set your crock pot to low, put the lid on, and walk away.
- When your pork reaches internal temperature of at least 150 degrees F, you can be done…but it’s also okay to let it cook longer to let the pork and onions absorb the flavour.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!