As you may recall from prior years, we love to cook with Pumpkin. But rather than using it for desserts like Pumpkin Pie or Pumpkin Rolls, we prefer to go the Savory Pumpkin route with our creations! For this one, we roasted our pumpkin before mashing it and whipping it with some fresh Ricotta and a sprinkle of kosher salt. Lastly, we topped it with some pumpkin seeds and served it with toasted pumpernickel bread (alongside a side salad). The creaminess of the ricotta combined with the earthy sweetness of the roasted pumpkin really worked well together in this one, and the temperature dichotomy of the ricotta to the toast added another dimension of enjoyment to this meal! If you like Fall Foods and Whipped Ricotta, give this a try!
Time: 90 Minutes
- Pumpkin (or Butternut Squash)
- Ricotta Cheese
- Bread (we used pumpernickel and sourdough for our pairings)
- Optional: Raw Pumpkin Seeds
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Break Down your Pumpkin, and cut it into chunks. Add the chunks to a baking dish, and toss in olive oil to coat. Then sprinkle on some kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Roast your pumpkin for about 40-50 minutes until it becomes tender.
- Remove your pumpkin from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Toast your bread (we buttered and toasted on a griddle).
- Place your pumpkin in your food processor, and hit it with the whisk attachment until it is smooth.
- Scoop in your ricotta, and continue to whip until your pumpkin is fully incorporated.
- Serve your ricotta in bowls, and top with your optional pumpkin seeds alongside your toast.
- Devour and enjoy!