The other day, we bought and Deboned a Salmon Steak for dinner, and we wanted to build a fun pairing for it. We then found miso paste in the back of our refrigerator, and we opted to go with an Asian flavour profile (which normally goes really well with salmon). From there, we diced up some veggies, and sautéed them in the pan we’d eventually use to make our rice, added our rice, and then let everything simmer to finish!
While we went with onions, peas, and red bell peppers, this rice lends itself to a host of veggie options, so don’t limit yourself to what we used! We think that Napa cabbage, mushrooms, shredded carrots, and/or diced zucchini would also fit very well into this rice.
Time: 30 Minutes
- Red Bell Pepper
- Arroz Rice (or other long grain rice) (1/4 Cup per serving)
- Water (1/2 Cup per serving)
- Miso Paste (one teaspoon per serving)
- Dice your paper and onion.
- Heat a little olive oil in a pot, and then add in your pepper and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally until your veggies begin to soften.
- Add in your rice and peas, and stir to combine. Allow to sit until your rice begins to turn opaque.
- Combine your miso paste and your water in a measuring cup, and stir to incorporate. Then, pour it into your rice and veggies, and let simmer until fully absorbed.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!