Not too long ago, my sous chef and I both had half-days, and we made a little trip to the (semi) local Korean market. While perusing the aisles, we stumbled upon a pack of cleaned and chopped octopus tentatcles. We’ve cooked with Octopus a few times in the past, and it’s been enjoyable…so we figured we’d try our luck again! This time, we figured we’d go with a Tikka Masala to really build a rick creamy flavour to our dish, and it worked really well! The only thing we would do differently next time is cut the octopus into smaller pieces for a textural improvement while eating.
We served our entree over basmati rice with sautéed snow peas on the side! However, we think some Spinach and Garlic Naan would also be an awesome pairing.
Time: 20 Minutes
- Octopus, Cleaned and Cut.
- Garam Masala
- 3 Ounces Tomato Paste
- 1/2 Cup Whole Milk Plain Yogurt
- Dice your onion. Then, heat some ghee in your pan, and add your onion. Cook until it turns opaque.
- Add your octopus, and sprinkle in your garam masala. Stir as everything continues to cook, and sautee for 5 or so minutes.
- Add in your tomato paste, and stir to combine it with your onion/octopus. Add your cilantro in this step as well.
- Turn the heat to low, and add in your yogurt. Stir as it blends with your tomato paste to form a sauce.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!