It’s spring again, which means that fresh Asparagus is plentiful, and Ramps abound (thus making hiking not only fun, but delicious and nutritious for us again)! We figured we’d rely on those two ingredients to make a side dish to serve with Dutch Oven Turkey Breast and Rösti. The two ingredients in our medley complemented each other very well…By sautéing the asparagus, we unleashed the more nutty flavours of the asparagus with subtle notes of grassiness. And the ramps brought a bit of garlicky/oniony sweetness to the party, which rounded out the dish gloriously.
Time: 15 Minutes
- Black Pepper
- Snap or cut the bottom ends off your asparagus, and discard those. Then, cut the good part into 1-2 inch pieces.
- Melt some butter in a pan, and add your asparagus. Sauté until they begin to soften and brown ever so slightly.
- As your asparagus cooks, wash your ramps, and slice them.
- When your asparagus is ready, add your ramps to the pan, and stir to combine.
- Add some salt and pepper to the pan, and cook for 3-4 minutes to wilt your ramps
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!