Last week, I bought a jar of Kimchi and made the decision to feature it prominently in every component of that night’s dinner. We decided to start our three part Kimchi dinner post with our veggie side dish because…well frankly, we are excited about the return of broccoli to our plates after a long hiatus. In this case, we steamed our broccoli before finishing it in the pan with some sesame oil, mushrooms, and the aforementioned Kimchi. The kimchi and the sesame oil added a little bit of funk to this side, and it turned out really well!
Time: 15 Minutes
- White Button Mushrooms
- Sesame Oil
- Cut your broccoli into florets. Then, steam in the microwave for about 3 minutes. The goal here is to soften the broccoli a little while allowing it to retain a faint crunch.
- As your broccoli steams, wash and slice your mushrooms, and slice your kimchi into ribbons.
- Heat some sesame oil in a pan, and then add in all of your ingredients.
- Sautee for 7-10 minutes until your mushrooms have caramelized, and your broccoli finishes softening properly.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!