Another gorgeous fall day, another Savory Pumpkin Recipe! This time, we went simple and sautéed our pumpkin with other veggies (snow peas, red bell pepper, and red onion) to serve as a side for Pan Roasted Pork (topped with Maple BBQ Sauce) to really accentuate the autumn feel in the air. As with most of our recipes, you can completely customize this too and play with different veggie combos. We think Shaved Brussels Sprouts, Leeks, and Spinach would also be great additions. So, next time you have a whole pumpkin, and you’re not sure what to do with it, give this a try!
Time: 30 Minutes
- Pumpkin, Broken Down into Wedges
- Snow Peas
- Red Pepper
- Any other veggies you may prefer.
- Black Pepper
- Prep your Veggies:
- Slice your pumpkin into small chunks.
- Dice your onion
- Remove the ends of your snow peas along with the little stringy bit that connects the ends.
- Dice your red pepper.
- Heat a few tablespoons of butter in a large pan.
- When your butter is hot, add your veggies.
- Sautee for 15-20 minutes until all of your veggies are fully cooked, and your pumpkin slices are soft. Grind in some black pepper as your veggies finish, and stir to combine.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!