This is part 1 of 2 part crawfish tacos post! We had a pack of crawfish tail meat, and while we knew we wanted tacos, we have very different spice tolerances. So, the first type of taco was made to be mild, and the second (Chipotle Crawfish Tacos) was built to require milk as a side beverage.
Since we haven’t really ever cooked with Old Bay seasoning before, and a few faithful readers have been telling us we’re missing out, we bought a container of it and decided to break it out for this. Generally, when I think of that spice blend (principally built with celery salt), I think of crabs, so crawfish seemed like a perfect inaugural use. We then built a simple coleslaw with some yogurt ranch dressing, and these tacos were born!
We served our tacos with Fiesta Corn Salad since it seemed like the perfect bridge between the two types of tacos.
Time: 15 Minutes
- Crawfish Tail Meat
- Old Bay Seasoning
- Toppings of your Choice:
- Easy Coleslaw (What we used)
- Fiesta Corn Salad
- Shredded Lettuce
- Diced Tomatoes
- Diced Onion
- Prep whatever topping you’re using, and set aside.
- Dice your onion.
- Pour your crawfish tail meat into a bowl, and sprinkle on your Old Bay to taste.
- Heat some butter in a pan, and when it’s hot, add your onion. Cook until it becomes opaque.
- Add your crawfish tails to the pan, and cook for a few minutes, adding a little more Old Bay as necessary.
- As your crawfish cooks, wrap your tortillas in a damp paper towel, and microwave for 45-60 seconds.
- When your crawfish is hot, plate, devour, and enjoy!