In an origin story similar to our BBQ Cauliflower Tacos, we drew our inspiration for this side dish from our night out at Greenhouse Restaurant. Their fries were shoe-string cut and absolutely delicious…so while we wanted to borrow their truffle parmesan combination, we wanted to change it up a little. To do that, we opted to go with wedge fries (our personal favourite), and we baked them.
We served our fries with a turkey Burger that we topped with a piece of grilled onion, and we served it with the same yogurt ranch coleslaw that we served atop our aforementioned cauliflower tacos. However, these would be a luxurious add to any dish you typically serve with fries!
Time: 60 Minutes
- Russet Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Parmesan Cheese
- Truffle Infused Olive Oil
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F, and line a couple of baking sheets with foil. Then, give the foil a quick oil spray.
- Wash your potatoes to remove any grit/dirt that may exist, and then pat dry with a paper towel.
- Carefully cut your potatoes into wedges. Try to get uniform thickness for the most even cooking (we make about 12 wedges per potato).
- Working in batches, place your wedges in a large bowl, drizzle with a little olive oil and mix with your hand to coat.
- Transfer your potatoes to a single layer on your baking sheet, and work on the next batch until all of your fries are coated and on sheets.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Transfer to the oven, and bake for about 25-30 minutes.
- Flip all of your wedges, and cook for another 10-15 minutes until your fries are golden brown on the outside.
- When done, remove from the oven, and working in batches, place your fries into a large bowl again. We used the same bowl after cleaning it while our fries baked.
- Drizzle in a little truffle infused olive oil, and toss to evenly distribute. Plate the first batch, and move on to the others.
- Top with parmesan cheese, devour, and enjoy!