While on vacation at Disney, we did quite a bit of cooking. We made some classics like Crab Cakes (turned into sandwiches), Fried Rice, and Thai Peanut Stir Fry…but as we were in the store picking out our menu, we realized we had yet to make a Burger with serious Garlic Infusion! That was a situation in immediate need of remedy, so we bought a head of garlic and some ground turkey and went to work.
We served our burgers with a side salad, and we also served a cold dose of reality to the mosquitoes that thought it was a good idea to try to bite us the next day.
Time: 25 Minutes
- Fresh Garlic. We used about 6 cloves.
- Ground Turkey (1 lb makes 4 burgers)
- Black Pepper
- Burger Toppings of your choice
- Optional Sauce:
- Garlic (raw or powder)
- Black Pepper
- Peel and dice your garlic.
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan, and add your garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until it has browned and become crispy. Be careful though to not burn, as this can happen very quickly after you get the garlic how you want it.
- Place your ground turkey into a mixing bowl, and add in your garlic, salt, and pepper,
- Heat a pan with some oil in it, and form your meat into patties.
- Cook for about 5-6 minutes per side until your burgers reach an internal cooked temperature of 165 degrees F.
- As your burgers cook, make your sauce (pour into a little bowl, and whisk to combine), and assemble your toppings.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!