This recipe is one of our more simple ones, but it’s a classic from when I was growing up. It’s also pretty inexpensive, as chicken thighs are generally much cheaper than chicken breast (which confuses me a bit because I think they’re more flavourful and certainly more forgiving (aka less prone to drying out) to cook. We generally buy a big pack of thighs and put a couple in zip top bags to freeze so that we always have the cut on hand. This is the easiest way to prepare, but we also like to debone and make Stir Fries out of our chicken thighs…so that’s another thing for you to consider!
Time: 50 Minutes
- Chicken Thighs
- Seasonings of your choice. We used Garlic Powder and Smoked Paprika
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F, and line a baking sheet with some foil (if it has a rack, it’s even better, as the drippings will fall through).
- Pat your chicken thighs dry, and sprinkle on your desired herbs and/or spices.
- Bake for about 45 minutes until the skin is crispy, and your meat reaches 165 F near the bone per a cooking thermometer.
- Remove from the oven, and let sit for a few minutes.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!