My wife and I love Haluski (essentially a peppery cabbage and noodle dish), and we’ve experimented with a few different versions in the past. Then, recently, we were inspired by a recipe for Cabbage and Goat Cheese on JustAlice’s blog. We’d never thought to combine those ingredients before, so we whipped up a small batch for lunch the next day, and it was awesome! That gave us the idea to build upon the idea and add in a salty component and a carbohydrate to make it a complete meal!
Time: 45 Minutes
- Green Cabbage
- Bacon (we used Turkey Bacon)
- Honey Infused Goat Cheese
- Egg Noodles
- Black Pepper
- Begin to boil some water for your noodles.
- Chop your cabbage and onions. Then, melt some butter in a large pan, and add your cabbage and onions to begin cooking. Add in some black pepper.
- As your veggies cook, slice your bacon thinly.
- When your cabbage and onions become opaque and begin to brown, add your bacon, and stir in to combine. Continue cooking.
- Add your egg noodles to your water, and get them going.
- When your noodles are done, and your bacon is cooked, and your cabbage has browned a bit, drain your noodles, and add them to your meat and veggies. Stir to fully combine.
- Crumble your goat cheese, and spread it around your pan. Stir to fully combine and incorporate.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!