If you’ve been following along with our Eggplant building block recipe series, you’ve seen us lay the foundation with Grilled Eggplant Medallions and then use that as a key ingredient for Rhubaba Ghanoush. For our final installment, we are taking the Rhubaba Ghanoush and using it as a component in our finished product, which is a pita sandwich with richly flavoured chicken breast, Rhubaba Ghanoush, lettuce, and tomato!
If you prefer to skip the first two building blocks, you can always make this using store bought (pre-fab) baba ghanoush, so fear not the effort or ingredient list!
Time: 25 Minutes (A little longer if making your Baba Ghanoush from scratch)
- Chicken Breast
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Baba Ghanoush (either store bought, or try our Rhubaba Ghanoush!)
- Optional Veggies. We used lettuce and tomato, but thinly sliced red onion would have been really good too.
- Optional: Crumbled Feta Cheese
- Slice and dice any of your optional veggies, and set aside.
- Cube your chicken breast into medium size pieces, and combine them in a bowl with some balsamic vinegar, honey, and olive oil. Also, stir in your garlic powder and paprika.
- Heat up a frying pan, and add your chicken and excess marinade.
- Cook for about 7-10 minutes until your chicken is fully cooked and firm.
- As your chicken finishes, put your pita on a plate, cover it with a damp paper towel, and microwave it for 20-30 seconds to heat and soften.
- Top your pita with your optional veggies.
- When the chicken is done, add it atop your bed of veggies.
- Throw some baba ghanoush down next to your chicken, and top everything with crumbled feta if using.
- Devour, and enjoy!