Breakfast burritos are a thing, but breakfast tacos…well, they don’t get the love they deserve! For this meal, we filled our tacos with scrambled eggs and crispy bacon! That’s not the fun part though. The fun part comes with the shells!
For our taco shells, we used Caramelized Onion Pancakes. However, this would work well with our Asparagus and Bacon Pancakes or your favourite pancake recipe. Just be sure to pick the perfect sauce pairing for all of your flavours! We picked Ketchup for ours…but depending on your pancake choice, maple syrup or even hot sauce could work well.
Time: 20 Minutes (more if using a deluxe pancake recipe)
- 1 Pancake per Taco (use your favourite recipe or try one of our funky Savory Pancake ideas!)
- 1 Egg per Taco
- 1 Strip of Bacon per Taco
- Any other toppings you like (cheese, diced tomato, baby arugula, etc)
- Your sauce of choice
- Heat a deep bottomed frying pan, and add your bacon to it.
- As your bacon cooks, pour your pancake batter onto a hot griddle to get them started.
- Crack your eggs into a large bowl, and add a little milk. Whisk to combine.
- Heat another pan with a little butter or oil, and pour your eggs in.
- When your bacon is crispy on one side, flip and cook the other side.
- When your pancakes are done on one side, flip, and cook the other side.
- Scramble your eggs in the pan.
- When all components are done, build, devour, and enjoy!