This post is setting the blog record for fewest ingredients needed! The only way I can beat the record would be to put up a post called “Hunger Strike.” Needless to say, this is an incredibly easy dish to make, and as always, it’s completely customizable with your choice of sauces. We used our Rhubarbeque Sauce, but tofu is truly a blank canvas, so play around, and have fun! You can also cut this tofu up and add it at the end of any stir fried veggie dish to add a protein that will soak up your sauce!
Serve these with any sauteed veggies, and you’re in for a good meal! We picked Butter Cabbage (with some onions and mushrooms added in for fun) for our pairing.
Time: 25 Minutes
- Extra Firm Tofu (1 Block makes 4 wedge steaks)
- Remove your tofu cube from the carton.
- Slice in half longways, and then cut each “sheet” into two triangles.
- Using a tea towel or some (non-shedding) paper towels, wrap your tofu triangles individually, and let sit for 10 minutes or so to remove excess moisture. This will help them crisp up and prevent sticking.
- Heat some oil in a heavy bottomed (cast iron!) pan.
- When the oil is hot, carefully add your tofu, and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Carefully flip to avoid splatter, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- At this point, your tofu should be crispy and golden brown on the top and bottom.
- Plate, top with your sauce of choice, devour, and enjoy!