It’s NFL Draft season again! Last year, we celebrated by making “Extreme Buffalo Chicken Breast,” and this year, we wanted to try a new twist on Buffalo Chicken. To do so, we went back to the Swiss/Buffalonian Fusion Well, but this time using a different Swiss classic as the basis. This time, we made Fondue, Buffalo style! And we dipped chicken tenders and celery sticks into it…and it was great fun. We hope you enjoy!
While this could certainly be made into a communal meal, we decided to keep our Fondue in a Social Distancing Style.
Time: 20 Minutes
- For the Fondue (per serving)
- 1/8 Cup of Dry White Wine
- 1/8 Cup of your favourite Buffalo Sauce
- 4 ounces of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Tablespoon of Corn Starch
- 1/2 Tablespoon of Kirschwasser (or Cherry Brandy)
- 1/2 Tablespoon of Water
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- Chicken Tenders
- Pre-Fondue work:
- Heat your oven and get your chicken tenders started…they will take the longest.
- Wash and Cut your Celery
- Shred or grate your cheese
- When your chicken is about 6-7 minutes from being ready, it’s time to start the fondue:
- Cut your garlic clove in half, and rub it all over your fondue pot. Then, turn the heat on to low.
- As your pot heats, measure out your wine and buffalo sauce, and combine in a bowl.
- When your pot is hot, pour in your buffalo sauce and wine, and bring to a low simmer for a minute or two.
- Once your wine and sauce come to a good simmer, add your cheese, and stir with a fork to evenly melt. Bring everything to a low simmer again, and let cook for a minute or so, stirring intermittently.
- As your cheesey goodness cooks, mix your corn starch, kirschwasser, and water together into a smooth mixture, and then pour it into your Fondue with one hand while stirring with the other.
- Bring back to a low simmer, and stir so everything stays smooth.
- Plate, dip/dunk, devour, and enjoy!