This dish came to be because of our combined love for Spanakopita and puns. Essentially, it’s a baked chicken breast stuffed with Spanakopita filling and then topped with phyllo dough strips. Since the veggies are cooked right into the entree, we served this over a bed of seasoned quinoa, and that was our full meal.
Time: 55 Minutes
- Chicken Breasts
- Phyllo Dough
- Frozen Chopped Spinach (Defrosted)
- Feta Cheese
- Black Pepper
- Dill (dried or fresh)
- An egg
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, and line a baking pan with foil.
- Dice your onion, and combine it with your defrosted spinach, black pepper, dill, feta, and egg in a large bowl. Mix and mash together until you have one goopy green mess.
- Place your chicken breast on your cutting board, and make a slit down the middle, being careful not to cut all the way through. Then, work your knife parallel to your cutting board from the bottom of your cut outward on both sides so that you end up with a little pocket to stuff your chicken breast.
- Stuff your chicken breast with your spinach and feta mixture.
- Slice strips of phyllo dough, and place them atop your chicken.
- Give your phyllo strips a spray of olive oil, and toss everything in the oven for about 40-45 minutes.
- When your chicken reads 165 degrees F on a digital meat thermometer, you’re good (your phyllo should be nice and golden brown as well!).
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!