With any dish, there are multiple ways to envision and cook it, and the outcomes are often subtly different. In this case, we took another crack at the concept of our Original Enchilada Nachos Recipe, and we came up with something completely different! We hope you enjoy!
Time: 50 Minutes (unless you buy pre-shredded chicken)
- Chicken Thighs
- Green Enchilada Sauce
- Jalapenos (we used 2)
- Black Beans (we used one can)
- Sour Cream
- Tortilla chips or flour tortillas
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, and line a baking sheet with foil (and a quick spray of oil atop that)
- Trim excess fat off your chicken thighs as you see fit, and then place them atop your pan. Pour some green enchilada sauce (between 1/4 and 1/2 of the can) atop your chicken, and then stash them in the oven for about 40 minutes until they are fully cooked (minimum internal cooked temperature of 165 degrees F).
- While your chicken cooks, puree your jalapenos (using the number of seeds to make the sauce as spicy as you like) with your leftover enchilada sauce, and then pour into a bowl. Fold/stir in your sour cream to form the base for your sauce.
- When your chicken is done, remove it from the oven, and let it cool for a minute or two. Shred your chicken with two forks, drain your can of beans, and stir your chicken and beans into your sauce.
- Place your tortilla chips on your plate, scoop your chicken/bean mix, top with cheese, and melt the cheese in the microwave.
- Devour, and enjoy!