This pizza is a little different from most of our other ones because we melted a soft cheese (Camembert) directly on the crust to become the sauce. Normally, we add our toppings and then melt cheese over those.
Our toppings choice of Brussels Sprouts and Leeks were picked to complement the earthy sweetness of the Beet Pizza Crust we were using as our base. We think that next time, we might experiment with some bacon as well to give the pizza a little more saltiness to go with the sweetness of the honey.
Time: 35 Minutes
- Pizza Crust or Dough (Either pre-made, or use one of Our Recipes!)
- Camembert Cheese (or Brie in a pinch)
- Brussels Sprouts
- Optional: Bacon
- Place your pizza stone in the oven, and preheat to 425 degrees F.
- Cut the stem ends off your Brussels Sprouts, and then cut the sprouts into quarters (four wedges). Steam them in the microwave (about 2-3 minutes).
- While your Brussels Sprouts steam, cut the dark green ends off your leeks, and then clean the remaining part (white and light green). Cut into thin slices.
- Heat some butter in a pan (or slice and add your bacon instead of butter if using), and add your leeks. After a few minutes, add your Brussels Sprouts, and sautee everything to caramelize.
- When your oven and pizza stone are hot, remove from the oven, and spread your dough atop. Put back in the oven for about 5 minutes to get a nice crispiness on the bottom.
- While the crust is starting to cook, cut the top rind off your Camembert.
- After about 5 minutes, pull your crust out of the oven, and scoop your Camembert out of the rind with a spoon, and plop it on your crust. Spread it around as it melts so that it forms a thin, even layer.
- Then, spread your Brussels Sprouts and Leeks on top, and finally, finish it off with a honey drizzle.
- Place back in the oven for another 15-20 minutes until the crust reaches your desired level of crispiness.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!