We had our annual Thanksgiving potluck at work today, and it was quite the smorgasbord! People brought in everything from homemade cranberry sauce (amazing) to empanadas. There were main courses, side dishes, and desserts. It was truly a feast…staying awake throughout the afternoon however, well that was a challenge.
The side dish that we brought in was a roasted vegetable medley comprised of sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts since it seemed like a good combination of Thanksgiving flavours that could also be kept warm in a crock-pot until consumption. So far, the feedback has been positive!
This dish also has two distinct benefits: 1. It is highly customizable, as you can change up your seasonings and/or add ingredients to your medley (sliced red onions, cooked bacon chunks, etc.), and 2. It requires very little attention, so you can set it in the oven and focus on the rest of your meal while it cooks.
Time: 70 Minutes
- Sweet Potatoes
- Brussels Sprouts
- Olive Oil
- Seasonings. We used Salt, Pepper, and Garlic Powder.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- Peel and cut your sweet potatoes into small chunks (about half the size of your Brussels Sprouts.
- Wash, and cut the ends off your Brussels Sprouts, and then cut them in half from top to bottom.
- Place all of your cut veggies in a large baking dish, and drizzle some olive oil over them. Then, sprinkle on your seasonings, and mix together. We had a lid on our baking dish, so we put it on, held it tight, and shook it around.
- Place everything in the oven for about 40 minutes, and then remove the lid, and cook for another 15-20 minutes or until your veggies are done to your liking.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!