I had some leftover clams from the dozen I boiled the other day, and I wanted to use them in a different way than for my prior meal. Coincidentally, I also had some leftover prosciutto slices…and I had the same number of each (how fortuitous is that?!?). Anyway, this seemed like a natural idea to try, and I’m happy to report that it wasn’t terrible! I’d definitely play around with this dish again.
I chose to put my clams over a bed of baby spinach and then top everything with a balsamic vinaigrette that I added some lemon juice to. However, if you’re looking for something a little heartier, try serving this with a different sauce over angel hair pasta or risotto. Heck, this would likely go nicely with mashed potatoes too! If going the heavier route, I’d suggest using steamed broccoli or green beans as a veggie side to accompany everything!
Time: 15 Minutes if using cooked clams (+15 to 20 minutes if starting with raw clams)
- Cooked Clams. I used my leftovers from Bacon Parmesan Stuffed Clams (see the link for how to cook the clams if you’re using raw)
- 1 slice of prosciutto per clam
- Baby Spinach
- Parmesan Cheese
- Whatever sauce you’re planning to top it with. I used a lemon infused balsamic vinaigrette, but a marinara or a scampi sauce would be really great here too depending on what you’re pairing the clams with.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, line a baking sheet with foil, and give the foil a quick oil spray.
- Lay your prosciutto out on a clean surface. Then, add some raw baby spinach, and top that with a clam and some Parmesan cheese.
- Roll everything up in your prosciutto, and place your clam wraps on your baking sheet.
- When your clams are all rolled up, place them in the oven for 10 minutes or so. The prosciutto will turn a nice deep shade of pink…when it does this and starts to crisp up a little, you’re good to go.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!