Here’s the latest in our Whipped Ricotta adventures (and it might also be the prettiest…perfect for Valentine’s Day in fact, if your valentine loves beets). For this one, we combined a pureed beet with the ricotta to give a richly flavoured and deeply coloured component to our meal! We then toasted some fresh sourdough on a griddle, and we used that to scoop (or as my mother in law would say, “schloop”) our whipped ricotta! Anyway, this meal was fun and so easy to make (especially if you pre-boil your beets or use pre-cooked beets)…we highly suggest giving it a try!
Time: 70 Minutes (most of which is spent boiling beets)
- Large Beet
- Teaspoon or two of Milk
- 15 oz Ricotta Cheese
- Kosher Salt
- Rinse and boil your beet. When it is soft enough to easily pierce with a fork, remove from the boiling water, and set aside to cool.
- Once your beet has cooled enough to the touch, use your thumbs to peel the beet skin off. Then, cut your peeled beet into small cubes.
- Place your beet cubes in a blender with a teaspoon or two of milk and some kosher salt, and puree.
- Scoop your ricotta and pureed beet into the mixing bowl of your stand mixer.
- Use the whisk attachment to whip your ingredients together. Start at a slow speed, and increase gradually.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!