Especially when the corn is fresh in the summer, we love our corn salads, whether they be served hot like Fiesta Corn Salad or cold like our Blueberry Corn Salad! So, seeing as though we had fresh corn, we decided to go back to the kitchen lab and get working on a new one! For this particular iteration, we saw we had a bunch of Cucumbers sitting around and recalled back to when we Sautéed Cucumbers in the past. It worked then, so we decided to do it again…but as a secondary ingredient this time. We then added in some onion, red pepper, and cilantro, and we had a glorious side dish!
We served our corn with a Hatch Chile Smothered Burrito, and the sweetness of the salad coupled nicely with the heat of the chiles and the filling. That said, this would also be great as part of a topping on some Tacos or some Meatloaves.
Time: 20 Minutes
- Red Bell Pepper
- Slice your onion, and dice your red pepper.
- Heat some olive oil in a pan, and add your peppers and onions. Sprinkle in some dried cilantro and salt as well. Sauté until your onions turn opaque, and your peppers begin to soften.
- As your peppers and onions cook, shuck your corn, and cut the kernels off the cob. Peel and slice your cucumber as well.
- When your peppers and onions are ready, add your corn and cucumbers. Sauté until everything’s hot!
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!