And after a little delay, here is the third part of our Kimchi extravaganza dinner! For our entrée, we went with a pretty simple, yet very tasty salmon preparation. By sautéing the kimchi for a few minutes before cooking the salmon, we were able to unlock all of its cabbagey goodness and give the oil a little hint of extra flavor to add a subtle dimension to the salmon. We hope you enjoy!
We served our salmon fillet with Kimchi Soy Rice Noodles and Kimchi Broccoli and Mushrooms.
Time: 15 Minutes
- Salmon Fillet
- Heat up some oil in a heavy bottomed (cast iron!) pan.
- Slice your kimchi, and add it to your pan. Sauté for a few minutes to really unlock the flavour goodness.
- Slide your kimchi to the sides of your pan, and place your salmon in. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Flip your salmon, and cook for another 3-4 minutes until your fish is a little flaky and hits an internal cooked temperature of at least 145 degrees F.
- Plate your salmon, top with your kimchi, devour, and enjoy!