Normally, we make our Football Food Recipes to eat during Bills Games. However, we decided to change it up a little and cook this a day in advance so that you’d have the option to enjoy it during Monday Night Football tonight! The idea for this came from my Sous Chef while we were eating our Maitake Mess Sandwiches. After a few bites, he said, “We should make Buffalo Chicken Sloppy Joes!” It seemed like a great idea at the time, so we made it, and he was right! It was really good!
As our side dish, we made a Blue Cheese Coleslaw to double down on the blue cheese flavours, and we definitely plan to make that again for future Buffalo Sauce sandwiches!
Time: 25 Minutes
- Ground Chicken
- Buffalo Sauce of your Choice
- Crumbled Blue Cheese (or if you want to go extra sloppy, Blue Cheese Dressing)
- Sandwich Bun
- Slice your celery finely.
- Melt a tablespoon of butter in your pan, and then add your celery. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add your chicken to the pan, and allow to brown. Then, use your spatula to break it into tiny pieces, and continue cooking until all of the liquids cook off.
- Pour in your Buffalo Sauce, and stir to combine. Bring the pan back to a simmer.
- As your chicken finishes, prep your buns.
- Scoop your Buffalo Chicken mixture onto your bun, and top it with your blue cheese.
- Devour, and enjoy!