Early morning post on this one because I’m still pumped from last night’s huge win (GO BILLS!). We still had a few Cuts of Turkey left from our discount birds, so we decided to try cooking the wings in a similar style to our Crockpot Turkey Legs. We ended up with some very tender wings that fell right off the bone and had that hallmark crispy skin.
Time: 5 Hours (most of which is slow cooker time)
- Turkey Wings (see our post on How to Break Down a Turkey)
- Buffalo Sauce of your choosing
- Optional: Crumbled Blue Cheese
- Arrange your Turkey Wings in a slow cooker skin side up (single layer if possible).
- Sprinkle with a little salt, set the heat to low, and cook for 4.5 hours.
- Towards the end of the cooking time, heat your oven to 375 degrees F, and line a baking sheet with some foil.
- When your slow cooker time is done, transfer your wings with tongs or a spatula to your baking sheet, and transfer to the oven.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until the skin gets a crispy golden brown.
- When your wings are ready, arrange them on your plate, and drizzle your sauce over them. Since the meat will fall off the bone, you don’t want to toss these in sauce.
- Top with optional crumbled blue cheese.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!