The other day, we bought a bunch of Leeks, and we wanted to incorporate it the rich oniony ingredient into a side dish. Having not had rice in a while, we also thought we were due to incorporate that into a meal…so we combined the two! To make it happen, we caramelized our leeks, and cooked our rice in a veggie stock to finish building the flavours. This method made our rice nice and tender but not sticky. We hope you enjoy!
We served our rice under a generous scoop of Herbed Gravy Pulled Turkey, but it would go well with roasted meats (especially Pork Tenderloin)!
Time: 30 Minutes
Ingredients (for 4 servings):
- 1 Cup Long Grain Rice. We used Arroz.
- 1-2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2.5 Cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 Leek
- Cut the tough green ends off your leek (save to make stock later), and then slice the white part in half. Rinse it out to clean any traces of dirt, and then start slicing it thinly.
- Melt some butter in a pot, and add your leeks. Sautee until they begin to caramelize.
- Add in your rice, and allow to cook dry with your leek for a few minutes.
- Pour in your vegetable stock, and allow to simmer until your rice fully absorbs all of the liquid.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!