We were in the mood for a quick, tasty dinner the other day that had protein, carbs, and veggies all together, and this is what we came up with! We defrosted the last of our Haddock from our deep sea fishing trip in New Hampshire last year and decided to cook it in the air fryer to put on tacos! We thought about other toppings (including a bed of spinach with some cherry tomatoes and tartar sauce), but in the end, coleslaw was too enticing to pass up. After all, coleslaw combines a little vinegar and a little mayo…both of which are great to pair with fish!
Time: 35 Minutes
- Haddock Fillets (one fillet is good for 2 tacos)
- Coleslaw. Make your Own or use pre-made.
- Taco tortillas
- Bread Crumbs
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Black Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F or your air fryer to 375 degrees F. If using conventional oven, line a baking sheet with some foil, and give it a quick oil spray.
- Beat an egg in one bowl, and spread some bread crumbs in another. Mix your spices in with your bread crumbs.
- Pat your haddock fillets dry, and cut them into quarters. We cut in half the short way and then in half again longways so we’d have haddock strips.
- Working two strips at a time, coat in egg, and then transfer to your bread crumbs bowl. Toss to coat, and place your breaded fish on your cooking sheet/basket.
- When all of your fish is breaded and on the sheet/basket, give the tops of your fish a quick oil spray, and place in the oven/air fryer. Cook for about 8 minutes.
- As your fish starts to cook, prepare your coleslaw (or any other toppings you’re using).
- Rotate your pan 180 degrees, and cook for another 8 minutes.
- When your fish is crispy and golden brown, you’re good to go.
- Build, devour, and enjoy!