This idea came about in part due to our need to incorporate protein into our meal when we cooked Red Cabbage Steaks. Basically, we combined chickpeas with a bunch of veggies and seasoning to complete our Greekish flavour profile, and served it hot. That said, you can always switch up veggies and seasonings to better complement whatever flavour the rest of your dish features…and you can also chill and serve cooled! Heck, if you really want to go wild, you can puree this and make a hummus-like dip for pita.
Time: 20 Minutes
- Bell Pepper (colour of your choice)
- Garlic Powder
- Dill (dried or fresh)
- Dice your vegetables, and rinse your beans.
- Heat some oil in a pan, and then add your onions. Sautee for a few minutes until they become opaque.
- Add your peppers, chickpeas, and seasonings, and sautee until your peppers soften and your onion starts to caramelize.
- Lastly, combine your cucumebers in the pan, and sautee until they are hot and just start to soften.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!