For this Fusion Meal, we decided to pull upon classic American and Indian cultures. The result was a burger topped with a classic creamy spinach. Then, we decided to go all in and serve it on Homemade Naan (although, we topped this one with garlic and cilantro rather than stuffing it with spinach).
We served our burgers with Curried French Fries. Also, please pardon the violent looking ketchup cup…we were at the end of the bottle, and you all know how that goes.
Time: 30 Minutes (more if making homemade naan)
- Ground Chicken
- Frozen Spinach (thawed and drained)
- Yogurt (full fat works best, but you can get away with 2% if you’re inclined to do so)
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Ground Cumin
- Ground Turmeric
- Naan (Homemade or frozen) or Burger Buns
- Plop your ground chicken in a large bowl, and sprinkle in some garlic powder and salt. Combine with your hands, wash aforementioned hands, and let sit while you turn your attention to your spinach.
- Heat some oil in a pan with your Spices, and let all those flavours simmer together for a few minutes to really infuse.
- When your oil/spices have darkened, add in your spinach, and sautee.
- As your spinach cooks, heat a heavy bottomed pan (cast iron!), melt some butter or heat some oil.
- Form and add your chicken burgers to your pan, and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Flip your burgers, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- As your burgers are finishing, turn your spinach pan to low, and scoop in a few tablespoons of yogurt. Stir to combine, and slowly bring the yogurt up in temperature.
- When your burgers are ready, place them upon your naan or bun, top with your spinach, devour, and enjoy!