If you’re swimming in an abundance of rhubarb this spring, and you are looking for non-dessert uses, try this one on your next Taco Tuesday! This is the latest in our line of Savory Rhubarb Recipes, and it was a winner. The sourness of the rhubarb mixed with the sweetness of the onion and the spiciness of the chipotle chili powder will most likely please the palate!
Time: 25 Minutes
- Tortilla Shells (we used flour)
- Ground Chicken or Pork
- Rhubarb Stalks
- Chipotle Chili Powder
- Toppings of your choice. We picked:
- Shredded Broccoli Stalks
- Cheddar Cheese
- Slice your onion, and cut your rhubarb stalks into 1 inch long pieces.
- Heat some oil in a heavy bottomed (cast iron) pan, and when it’s hot, add your onion and rhubarb.
- Sautee for about 7-9 minutes, and slice your peppers as it cooks.
- When your onions begin to caramelize, and your rhubarb starts to soften a bit, add your peppers, and sautee for another 4-5 minutes.
- Add your ground meat next along with your chipotle chili powder. Use your spatula to break the meat up into small pieces, and cook everything until most of the liquid in your pan evaporates. By this point, your meat ought to be thoroughly cooked, and your rhubarb should have “dissolved” into your taco blend.
- As your meat cooks, prep your taco toppings.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!