Mid-Summer is CORN SEASON! The other day, we were at the farmer’s market, and we bought a half dozen. Some were “darn it” cobs to be used if any of the ones that we had “earmarked” for the main meal weren’t good and needed to be replaced by a backup. Luckily, that situation did not arise, and we were able to use the extras later as the base for a side dish. We also had some leftover broccoli stalks in the back of the fridge, so this dish was a natural confluence.
We served it with Venison with Mustard Sage Sauce, but it would go well with any grilled meat or BBQ!
Time: 20 Minutes
- Corn (3 cobs makes a good side for two people)
- Broccoli Stalks
- Butter or oil
- Seasonings (we used minced garlic, onion powder, and salt, but adding paprika would be great too)
- Shuck your corn, and carefully cut the kernels off into a bowl.
- Cut the bottoms off your broccoli stalks, and peel them. Then, cut them into cubes, and add them to the corn bowl.
- Heat some butter or oil in a pan, and when it’s hot, add your corn, broccoli and seasonings
- Sautee for about 15 minutes until the broccoli softens a bit and the corn starts to caramelize. If your pan dries out, add a little water to steam-sautee the veggies.
- When everything is cooked to your liking, you’re good to go!
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!