Tonight, we had dinner with a close friend who brought over a bunch of delicious vegetables from her CSA. So, we’re making use of these extremely fresh vegetables. This is a simple pasta and veggie dish that can be used as a side or even a main course if you enhance it with some diced protein, a few more vegetables, and a sauce of some sort. Tonight, we paired it alongside Pork Schnitzel with Rhubarb Onion Sauce (recipe coming soon!).
Time: 25 Minutes
- Angel Hair Pasta
- Yellow (Summer) squash
- Swiss Chard
- Olive Oil or Butter
- Seasonings to taste (garlic/basil/black pepper/paprika all work well depending on what flavours you’re going for and what you’re pairing it with).
- Start to boil some water in a pot large enough to hold your pasta
- While the water heats, thinly slice your squash, and cut your chard into ribbons.
- When the water is boiling, heat some oil or butter in a large pan, and add your chard and squash. Add your pasta to the water too at this point.
- Continue to stir the vegetables intermittently, and when the pasta is done, drain it, and add it to the veggies. Toss to combine.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!