We based this recipe on our BBQ Pulled Chicken Pasty Recipe, but majorly switched up our presentation (and a few ingredients…mostly simplification). This time, we used some Dinosaur BBQ Sauce that my wife brought home from a recent grocery run, and we added it to our chicken in the crockpot as it cooked. Then, we added more after shredding to get more depth of flavour and a saucier final product.
We served our chicken over Crispy Cheddar Polenta and a spinach/kale side salad! However, this would also pair very nicely with Grilled Okra.
Time: 6 Hours
- Chicken Breast (1 per serving)
- Onion Powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Your Favourite BBQ Sauce
- Place your chicken breasts in a crockpot, and sprinkle on your onion powder and smoked paprika.
- Pour on some BBQ sauce just to coat…not to drown your chicken.
- Turn on your slow cooker, and cook for about 5-5.5 hours on low heat.
- When your chicken is ready, transfer it with tongs or a spatula to a large bowl.
- Using two forks, shred your chicken.
- Pour more BBQ sauce on your shredded chicken, and stir to combine.
- Reheat in a pot/pan then plate, devour, and enjoy!