This side dish is a play on our Home Fries Recipe. However, instead of cubing the potatoes, we cut them into half moon shaped slices and then finished them off with beet greens to give the dish a nice bit of sweet earthiness.
This one is a great side dish to complement grilled or roasted meats or bbq. We served it with Rhubarbeque (recipe coming soon) Tofu.
Time: 30 Minutes
- Russet Potato
- Beet Greens
- Wash your potato, and cut it in half longways. Set each half flat side down, and slice into thin semi-circles.
- Heat some butter in a cast iron pan, and when it’s hot, add your potato slices.
- As your potatoes cook, wash, and slice your beet greens into ribbons.
- After your potatoes have started to develop a nice golden brown flavour, add your beet greens, and sprinkle in some salt.
- Sautee until your beet greens cook down, and your potatoes are nice and tender.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!