The first time I ever had these potatoes was when my aunt made them for dinner on a visit my dad and I were making en route to a Buffalo Bills game. This was also the day that I became addicted to these potatoes…in fact I remember them moreso than I remember the game itself (which was probably due to it being a loss). They are so soft, pillowy, flavourful, and “low maintenance” to prep and cook…if you find yourself grilling in the near future, you just have to try these.
We served our potatoes with Black Pepper Sage Crusted Sirloin Steak, but they are fantastic with any grilled meats, so go wild with it!
Time: 45 Minutes
- Russet Potatoes
- Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- Butter (about a half tablespoon for each half potato will do)
- Wash your potatoes, and slice them in half longways. Place it on a square of foil.
- Cut your onion into circles, and place them atop each potato half
- Grind some black pepper on top of the onion, and put some butter atop each onion slice.
- Wrap in foil, and grill for about 40 minutes.
- Remove from the grill, and carefully unwrap the foil (to avoid steam).
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!