We had some leftover Truffle Whipped Butter from our Sous Vide Ribeye dinner a few nights before, so we figured we’d repurpose it…and since Butter and Baked Potatoes go together like peas and carrots, we figured we’d bake some potatoes to feature our butter atop. We knew from Lisa’s Grilled Potatoes that wrapping potatoes in foil for cooking produces a fantastic result, as it sort of allows the potato to steam in its own moisture…so we gave our potatoes a quick oil spray and a little salt sprinkle before wrapping them up and baking. They came out with flaky flesh, ready to be fluffed with a fork before topping with butter!
We served our potatoes as a side to accompany Dutch Oven Duck Breast and sautéed broccoli.
Time: 60 Minutes
- Russet Potato
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- For your Butter (Makes enough butter for 3-4 Potatoes)
- 2 oz Butter
- .5-1 Teaspoon Black Truffle Sauce/Minced Black Truffle
- 1 Teaspoon Milk
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Rinse your potatoes, and pat them dry. Then poke some holes in the skin with a fork or knife.
- Place on aluminum foil, and spray your potatoes with olive oil, and top with a salt sprinkle.
- Wrap each potato in its own aluminum foil pouch.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until soft on the inside.
- Combine your butter, minced truffle, and milk in your stand mixer, and whisk until it incorporates all of the ingredients cohesively, and the butter aerates.
- Open your foil packs, and plate your potatoes. Then, slice them down the middle and split apart. Use a fork to fluff the flesh a bit to allow butter to better flow into the potato.
- Spread a little butter atop each half.
- Devour and enjoy!