It’s brutally hot today, so we are going to broil for dinner. This way, we don’t have to walk outside to the grill, and we will have a quick cooking method that won’t heat the kitchen too much. With that decided, we had to pick ingredients. That’s where pork, beets, and goat cheese enter the scene. The three go together like musketeers. So, tonight, we’re combining all three into a savory entree!
We are pairing this with Mashed Turnip (but with spinach instead of Gorgonzola like in the linked recipe), but this would go well with any mashed veggies or potatoes, and I’d imagine Shaved Brussels Sprouts would support this meal very well too!
Time: 45 Minutes (if using raw beets)
- Thinly Sliced Pork Loin Chops
- Goat Cheese (we’re using Goat Gouda)
- Boil your beets for about a half hour, and set them aside in cool water.
- When the beets are cool, peel them, and puree them with a little milk in a blender/food processor/Ninja.
- Set your broiler to high, and then line broiling pan with some foil. Give the foil a quick oil spray. Put your pork on the oil, and give it a little salt sprinkle.
- Pour your beet sauce into a sauce pan, and add your cheese. Heat and stir the sauce to melt the cheese in.
- Place your pork under the broiler, and let it cook until it becomes firm and reaches an internal temperature of at least 145 degrees F.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!